OLLAA is a nonprofit community-based organization that seeks to serve the socio-cultural needs of the Oromo people around the world. We are built on the following principle and goals: advocacy and diplomacy- to amplify human rights violations and encourage democratization; Youth leadership and Education-to connect generations; and women empowerment and cultural renaissance.
This role will research grants, community fundraising, and government contracts that the organization would qualify for and then assist in the writing and necessary documentation for each of these opportunities. Additionally, this role will work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors on grant leads and program needs.
· Lead grant proposal development/submission to deliver effective, funded grant proposals. This includes identification of applicable grants and funding, writing the grant proposals, and working with the Fundraising Chair in the submission and tracking of grants and funding.
· Participate in developing strategic relationships with charitable foundations with annual grant programs that we qualify for.
· Support the Fundraising Chair in researching and identifying new and relevant funding opportunities.
· Organize and coordinate updated and relevant internal and external data for grant writing purposes.
· Assist in creating a sustainable system for grant and fund tracking.
· Other duties and tasks as the role develops and funding begins to build.
· 1-2 years in non-profit development preferred, but not required
· Experience in building donor relationships
· Strong research skills, crucial and essential for tracking down funding leads
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Proficient in writing software
OLLAA is a nonprofit community-based organization that seeks to serve the socio-cultural needs of the Oromo people around the world. We are built on the following principle and goals: advocacy and diplomacy- to amplify human rights…