Youth Employment Service (YES) is seeking volunteers for the Employment Skills Workshop Facilitator position to help introduce an array of concepts to YES clients that are fundamental when searching for and securing employment opportunities.
These concepts include, but are not limited to, essential skills such as how to properly fill out a job application, how to start building a resume, how to present the “tell me about yourself” elevator pitch, etc. This is a great experience to affect positive change in the youth of our community.
These workshops are 2 hours long and are held every other Tuesday from 4:00pm-6:00pm.
Other time slots may be available, as needed.
Currently, all workshops are being held virtually via Zoom.
· Must enjoy working with youth and young adults.
· Must have experience in a leadership role and love to teach/mentor.
· Must observe one Employment Skills workshop and complete the “Train the Trainer” program to learn the curriculum before being scheduled to volunteer.
· Must notify YES Staff at least 48 hours prior to appointment if you need to cancel.
· Dress in business casual attire when facilitating workshops (no jeans or t-shirts).
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Comprehensive training.
· Employment Skills Leader’s Guide with one-on-one review.
· “Train the Trainer” co-facilitating with a current Workshop Facilitator until ready to facilitate alone.
There is no set time commitment required at this time.
Youth Employment Service (YES) is seeking volunteers for the Employment Skills Workshop Facilitator position to help introduce an array of concepts to YES clients that are fundamental when searching for and securing employment…