Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations
• Welcome and greet donors, escort as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
• Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately
• Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
• Create a favorable impression of the Red Cross, and the blood donation process, that will encourage
• Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
• Be available and committed to the volunteer schedule
• Model excellent customer service behaviors
• Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution
• Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas
• Punctual and dependable in arriving for assignment(s)
• Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to help convert right type donors to power red donations
• Responsible to inform donors about Red Cross volunteer opportunities and share recruitment materials
Must be able to commit to a minimum of one 5 Hour Shift per month.
Blood Drives are generally held on weekdays Monday-Friday(s) with the occasional Saturday/Sunday(s) between the hours 8am – 7pm.
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations…
Drives take place throughout New Hampshire and Blood Donors Ambassadors are essential volunteer roles at each event.