Re!gnite Africa (RA) is a young adults-focused social enterprise and advocacy organization that tackles unemployment in Uganda. The organization nurtures youths’ abilities by creating and connecting them to opportunities that help maximize their potential. RA grooms young people into fully-fledged young professionals, leaders, and advocates who create their own opportunities and push for better policies for them and their communities. RA uses a practice, advocacy, and learning approach to innovatively;
v CREATE pre-employment curriculums and conduct trainings,
v CONNECT young adults in the formal and informal sector to apprenticeship and job opportunities
v COACH and upskill young leaders in leadership and advocacy,
v and COLLABORATES with them and other actors to advocate for formulation and implementation of policies that emphasize creating opportunities for young people and amplifying their voices
In terms of practice, RA designs targeted interventions focused on professional, competent, and productive workforce and leadership development for young people. Additionally, to promote advocacy, RA invests in strengthening the leadership and advocacy capacity of young leaders – especially at the district and lower levels, and to promote learning, RA provides a forum for youth actors to connect, engage and contribute to new practices and lessons on youth employment policies and frameworks.
Re!gnite Africa is growing and expanding, and we are looking for a Communications and Advocacy Volunteer (remote role) to lead and support our efforts of creating and executing different communications and advocacy strategies and activities that further our programs' goals and vision. We’re in need of someone who can develop and promote our brand and advocacy efforts for our target audiences. Applicants should be excited about using online media tools to promote the work you do and engage with target audiences.
The ideal candidate should have a proven excellent written and verbal communication skills, with interest to develop a career in communications, advocacy, and movement building. Preference will be given to those who also have experience and skills in digital marketing, writing, and a track record of relationship building/customer service.
· Develop, support and promote company communication strategy and goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach
· Develop communications and advocacy materials that increase our visibility among stakeholders and lawmakers
· Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, donors, local partners, and youth audiences via social media that will help advance our work
· Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them
· Ensure digital outreach content aligns with our brand’s identity and message, and assist with marketing campaigns as needed
· Formal training in communications and/ advocacy. A background in Communications, Journalism, online media management or related field is preferred
· Experience in communications and advocacy strategy development is an advantage
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of digital communications tactics, such as social media and website management, and email marketing
Compensation: This is none facilitated volunteer role
**All interested candidates can send their cover letters and CVs to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for expressing interest in working with us.
Re!gnite Africa (RA) is a young adults-focused social enterprise and advocacy organization that tackles unemployment in Uganda. The organization nurtures youths’ abilities by creating and connecting them to opportunities that help…