Make a Difference in the Lives of Homebound Seniors
Meals on Wheels Drivers needed for these communities:
- Pick up at the Senior Center, 27 Maple Street in Arlington
- Arlington Heights
- Pick up at the Hauser Building, Drake Village, 37 Drake Road
- Pick up at the Senior Citizens Friendship Center, 61 Center Street
Reporting to the Director of Nutrition Services, the Meals on Wheels Driver is responsible for ensuring that nutritious meals are timely delivered to consumers and building relationships with elder and adult disabled consumers to ensure they are well and safe.
- Report to the Dining Site Coordinator at the assigned location by 11:00 a.m.
- Check with the Dining Coordinator to be sure you have the correct number of meals (entrée and cold pack) and verify the route since there may have been changes since last delivery.
- Deliver meals to Minuteman home-bound consumers Monday through Friday between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- If needed, assist with setting up meals (opening carton's, cutting meat, etc.).
- Make sure that temperatures of food are maintained.
- Return delivery equipment to the nutrition site, clean out bags and wipe down if any spillage.
- Inform the Dining Coordinator that you have returned and report on any consumer concerns.
- Distribute menus to consumers monthly. Deliver special notices when needed.
- Current driver's license, reliable car, and private automobile insurance coverage.
- Ability to lift bags/coolers weighing a maximum of 35 lbs.
- Must be able to use a smart phone for advanced delivery system with a formalized safety check. Phone and training is provided.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of older and disabled adults.
Meals are delivered Monday - Friday, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided.