Reporting to the Head Coach or Lead Instructor, this position ensures program quality and performance and assists in the day-to-day management of the multi-faceted administrative components of Austin Comets Athletics, including the management of general office operations. The Athletic Secretary also acts as an assistant to the Athletic Director and/or Coaching Staff and should have excellent written and verbal skills, be well organized, efficient, self-directed, and be willing to carry out the responsibilities of the position as defined below:
- Be point-of-contact and assist with customers (potential clients, vendors, guests, and staff) over the phone in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain and keep up-to-date accurate records of profiles for all clients, program staff, and distributes program files including handouts, manuals, worksheets, etc.
- Communicate information with parents, athletes, volunteers with letters, and documentation.
- Maintain accurate attendance records of students and notify coaches of placement and parents of tardiness, absences, suspensions, or dismissals.
- Keep players and team officials register, with all contact details.
- Performs other duties as determined by the Head Coaches.
- Responsible for coordinating the sports club's travel needs for competitions and practice.
- Schedules and confirms reservations hotel, transportation, gas, and food accommodations for club teams and procures necessary itinerary documentation as necessary.
- Ensures that travel needs are met within the constraints of the sports club travel budget.
- Communicates travel plans with program staff and clients (youth and parents).
- Works in selecting the competition schedule for club teams and presents a travel packet for the final practice or team meeting before departure to the site.
- Be point-of-contact for arrangements made for contracted client carpool/pick-up service for youth transportation to practice.
- Assist in processing payments for the competitions if it is necessary.
- Performs any other related administrative functions as needed by the Head Coaches.