Iracambi is a Brazilian non-profit organization located in one of the world's top biodiversity hotspots, Brazil's Atlantic Forest. Our objective is to figure out better ways of forest care and to protect our extraordinary biodiversity while generating forest-based incomes and raising living standards for local communities through education and conservation.
We encourage volunteers to bring their own ideas, plans, projects and papers to write - as well as getting involved in one or more of our ongoing projects:
1) Forests for Water: our mission is to restore the Brazilian Atlantic Forest to create more habitat for endangered species and restore the water sources on which our local communities depend. But our vision extends far beyond the forests around Iracambi. We’re embarking on a major reforestation effort because healthy forests act as major carbon sinks attacking climate change at its roots. Together with our neighboring farmers we aim to plant thousands of native tree seedlings to help the Atlantic Forest return to its former glory!
2) Young Eco-Leaders: provides vocational training for middle-school students by bringing them for the very first time out of the classroom and into the field to do hands-on conservation science in their rainforest community.
3) Ecosystems Monitoring:
4) Marketing and Fundraising: ensuring the financial sustainability of Iracambi so that we can keep on doing great work far into the future. Volunteers with skills in social media, IT, marketing and fundraising are just as much environmentalists as those getting their hands dirty in the field.
5) The Living Pharmacy Program aims to promote research, conservation and sustainable production of medicinal plants native to the Atlantic Rainforest biome. In this context, the volunteer will have differents responsibilities, in which will contribute to slowly create a system of Research & Development ( R & D) of native plants in the region, having in mind the socio-economic empowerment of local rural communities, and more fund-raising for Iracambi, and subsequently the higher conservation of the Atlantic Rainforest.
6) Organizing and running language lessons as well as language exchange. You will be working to bring together local staff and community members with international students and volunteers at Iracambi.
7) Photographers and Video Makers: record our ongoing projects to inspire people everywhere to get involved to our cause by showing experience, lifestyle, views and outstand biodiversity of Iracambi Atlantic Rainforest.Getting involved in everything. Taking photos. Recording the sounds of the forest. Creating amazing content that we can share with the world. So you'll be an artist. A marketer. A sound engineer. A photographer, maybe. An editor. A graphic artist. You will be the voice of the forest. Of all its animals and plants. The Research Center is located on a working farm, which includes a large area of native forest as well as tree crops. There are rivers, mountains, forest trails and a welcoming local community and its traditional practices. If you have a brilliant idea for something we could or ought to do, let’s see if we can do it!
And there are plenty of other jobs to be done: making and maintaining forest trails, helping out in the tree nursery, sharing our skills with the local community, collecting data for our GIS, setting up and monitoring our camera traps, adding to our photos collection and making videos!.
We're excited to hear from you and see you at Iracambi so that together we can go on saving forests and changing lives!
Iracambi is a Brazilian non-profit organization located in one of the world's top biodiversity hotspots, Brazil's Atlantic Forest. Our objective is to figure out better ways of forest care and to protect our extraordinary biodiversity…
Please, contact the Volunteer Manager Rogeria on email@example.com so that she can set up an online meeting and ensure that expectations can be met on both sides and that your time here will be as profitable and enjoyable as possible!
Please, contact the Volunteer Manager Rogeria on firstname.lastname@example.org so that she can set up an online meeting and ensure that expectations can be met on both sides and that your…