DCS: Southwestern PA - Information and Planning Team Member
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to perform Information Planning readiness and capacity building activities needed to
enable effective service delivery (in a disaster response).
Reports To: DCS: Southwestern PA - Information and Planning Team Leader
- Information and Planning is responsible for gathering assessment and operational data required for effective management of a response, including information about the scope of the disaster and the effectiveness of the response.
- The data compiled by Information and Planning supports reports to donors about the effective use of the resources they have provided to the Red Cross.
- This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Information Planning program including:
- 1) Planning activities including Analysis and Planning, Disaster Assessment, Financial and Statistical
- Information, and Information Dissemination.
- 2) Management and use information management technology platforms for Disaster Response and Recovery
- (DSARS, RCView, etc.)
- 3) Providing operational planning support in both Blue Sky and Gray to events
- Time Commitment: Any time between 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday -Friday. For field work during the first 72 hours of a local
Qualifications: Ability to:
- Follow and implement requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
- Adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity.
- Build effective relationships with others who can help with work related goals.
- Be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness.
- Work toward service associate position in at least one Mass Care activity
Works closely with all other Information Planning Team Members to ensure team goals are achieved.
Length of Apptmt: Minimum of 3 months preferred, renewable. Once trained, may remain active as long as required training is updated.
5266 Data Collection
Disaster Operations Control: Form 5266 Fundamentals
Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
RC View for Viewers (When Fielded)