Health Story Collaborative (HSC) is a small non-profit with a close-knit team of part-time staff. We are currently looking for a communications professional interested in volunteering a few hours per month to join our team. Health Story Collaborative’s mission is to harness the healing power of stories and keep the patient voice alive in healthcare. By collecting, honoring and sharing stories of illness and healing, we strive to make the process of navigating illness less isolating and to empower individuals and families facing health challenges. Our belief, supported by research, is that storytelling is healing for both story sharers and listeners. Stories have the power to transform individuals as well as the healthcare system.
The Communications Volunteer is responsible for the outward messaging and online presence of the organization including the social media presence, email campaigns, and promotion of all HSC events.
· Experience with social media management;
· Strong written communication skills;
· Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques across a variety of media;
· Any combination of formal training/education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform position duties;
· Collaborative working style and interpersonal communication skills;
· Self-motivation and accountability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage HSC’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages;
· Assist with the writing of a quarterly newsletter;
· Increase community outreach and engagement;
· Outreach to media outlets to share HSC’s stories;
· Assist in developing and implementing a communications plan.
Please note that this is a part-time volunteer position with an estimated time commitment of approximately 1-2 hours per week.
Health Story Collaborative (HSC) is a small non-profit with a close-knit team of part-time staff. We are currently looking for a communications professional interested in volunteering a few hours per month to join our team. Health Story…