Bingo Volunteers We are currently recruiting volunteers to help with electronic bingo games once or twice a month at Dolphin Gaming Centre in Scarborough.
Time commitment : 6-12 month commitment, once or twice a month .
Requirements for the role:
- All volunteers must be fully vaccinated and able to provide approved documentation.
- Minimum age of 18
- One volunteer for a two-hour session and able to stand for a two-hour period
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Reliable and Punctual
- AODA training will be required (assisting Ontarians with disabilities).
The Role of the Volunteer:
- The roles are provincially mandated and required in all cGaming locations
- Volunteers will be stationed at the door for a two-hour assignment. They will be accompanied by a centre staff to carry out the required health and safety protocols.
- Volunteers will welcome customers at the entrance, opening doors
- Indicate what charity they represent
- Thank customers for coming and supporting their charity
- Assist centre staff with managing logistics at the door and entry protocols such as assisting with customer count to manage capacity restrictions
- Provide customers with session information
- Dress code policy is in effect. Volunteers should be wearing their logo collared shirt with dark pants or skirt (no denim)
- Support the organization’s mission as an integral member of the Arthritis Society team
- Give back to the community and impact those living with arthritis
- Promote arthritis awareness and empower others while gaining new skills
- Use specialized skills and talents while contributing to the Society’s mission
- Build connections and be part of a community
- Meet a diverse range of people
We have events throughout the year and volunteers assist us with the events for approximately 3 or 4 hours depending on the role(set up, registration..).
Specialist, Community and Volunteer Engagement
The Arthritis Society