Helpful Engineering seeking a Director of Development/Director of Fundraising volunteer to fight COVID! This is a volunteer position (we do not offer compensation). Helpful Engineering volunteers work with amazing worldwide team members in a dynamic fast-moving environment. It is also a great opportunity to build your skills and resume. Come join us!
About Helpful Engineering
Helpful Engineering is an international, open-source community incubator focused on mobilizing people to help solve the Covid-19 pandemic and other critical issues. With thousands of volunteers worldwide, we support projects through innovations in engineering, community resources, software, and manufacturing. Most of the projects are focused on finding solutions to fix the lack of products used by healthcare professionals, including hardware and software, but also non-technical products like surgical masks. We have engineers and doctors all around the world who are producing ventilators, protective equipment, websites, and systems to organize volunteers to assist their communities and medical workers. They are making heroic efforts to produce products in time to help the outbreak.
Check Out Helpful Engineering Here: https://www.helpfulengineering.org/
For our complete list of open positions, check out our
Volunteer Opportunities: https://airtable.com/shrwgNtBUAzuciV0j/tbl5Bqnjl3JRKD7qP
Volunteer Position Description & Responsibilities
· Manage the day-to-day activities of our fundraising operation. Coordinate the outreach efforts with the CEO, CFO, and Director of Organizational Support
· Maintain an updated fundraising plan including planned outreach, collected and anticipated revenue, and lead development
· Create and edit proposals, reports, letter of inquiries (LOIs), and other correspondence to submission to foundation, corporate, and government funders
· Actively identify and solicit grants from foundations, corporations, and government agencies
· Manage grants administration and preparation, including grant writing, grant reporting, and revenue collection
· Build and manage grant-writing and fundraising teams
· Plan and manage online fundraising events
· Supervise writing of fundraising materials, including drafting of LOI, proposals, and reports for foundation and corporate funding sources.
· Research and collect data, study findings to support grant proposals and reports. Checking for completeness against grant instructions, and to ensure compliance and regulatory requirement
· Reviews, summarizes, and tracks data on grant awards received in database and file formats. · Prepares timely acknowledgment letters and accurate reporting
· Oversee and track all grant milestones including, but not limited to; proposals in development, proposals submitted to funders, proposals that have been issued or canceled, deliverable deadlines, communication, and awards, in donor tracking software, ensuring that all content is complete and up to date at all times
· Identify prospects for individual and corporate support, conduct prospect research, initiate and conduct direct outreach and solicitation, independently and/or in partnership with senior leadership
· You’re an excellent communicator and representative, comfortable drafting solicitation emails, writing grants, and communicating extensively with organization staff and potential partners.
· Minimum two years of related experience/skills preferred (outstanding applicants with other relevant experience/skills such as journalism, project management, and/or academic research will be considered)
· Excellent written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals quickly to meet internal and external deadlines
· Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
· Ability to interpret complex grant funding requirements, submissions, and budget projection
· Ability to prioritize, organize, manage multiple tasks to meet specific deadlines, and readjust priorities as changes happen
· Understand and use data in assessing program outcomes
Our organization is organic, transparent, and follows the principles of open source and effective altruism. Helpful Engineering expects all volunteers to adopt a professional attitude and be respectful of their fellow volunteers, which includes politeness, punctuality, giving notice, and communicating openly and transparently their work and progresses.
Helpful Engineering seeking a Director of Development/Director of Fundraising volunteer to fight COVID! This is a volunteer position (we do not offer compensation). Helpful Engineering volunteers work with amazing worldwide team…