We need someone who can take the lead in administrative support on our development team.
Our two major fundraising initiatives for the next six months starting in summer 2021 are: 1) a recurring giving campaign and 2) an event in November. Development manager would sit on the event committee which is made up of staff, Board members, interns, and volunteers and coordinate the logistics. For the campaign, we’re looking for someone who can help strategically and logistically. The ratio of these two responsibilities can be flexible.
We’re asking for at least 20 hours per week commitment through November of 2021.
You’ll be working with the interim Director of Development and three interns (along with other teams at times-- this is a very collaborative workplace). There is a weekly fundraising meeting and you’ll have a weekly or biweekly check in with the iDD. Everyone is 100% remote. We’re an upbeat team and we have big plans. Help us make them happen. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Coordinate aspects of event planning and implementation of event logistics for our anniversary event including managing vendors, tracking RSVPs, creating timelines and staffing plans, preparing materials, day-of coordination, etc.
- Sit on the event committee and coordinate logistics including taking minutes as well as managing invitations, RSVPs, reminders, and calendar events
- Assist in the establishment and execution of a recurring giving campaign
- Perform in-depth spreadsheet work to produce a de-duplicated, complete, and detailed list for solicitation; coordinate solicitation with volunteers and staff; produce all pieces for the mailing; coordinate with external mailing house; track all donations
- Prepare and send all donor communications as needed including acknowledgements, notes, and solicitations
- Contribute creative ideas to the growth of our development activities and the organization
- Sit on the fundraising committee and coordinate logistics including managing invitations, RSVPs, reminders, and calendar events
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Development
- Experience in nonprofit development is ideal but not required
- Experience in event coordination (fundraising events ideal)
- Excellent at writing and communicating
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to learn about the organization and ability to quickly become an expert on it
- Fluency in English
- Familiarity with or curiosity about Google Apps, Asana, Slack, and donor databases (we use FlipCause)
- Proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets