Kids In Motion Therapy Clinic
The mission of Kids in Motion Therapy Clinic is to provide physical, occupational and speech therapy in Whatcom County (Washington State) and surrounding areas for children with neurodevelopmental disorders. Providing both home based and clinic based therapies maximizes therapeutic progress for each child. There are currently long waitlists for these services in our community and gaps in therapeutic care can cause severe delays and impairments for children forced to wait.
Our work changes lives and we are working diligently to expand our services so all children in Whatcom County have access to the care they need.
The Resource Development Committee helps maintain and expand the vital services provided by Kids In Motion by raising funds to support our work. Our main goal is to increase the quality and quantity of Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapies available to kids in need. We raise funds through social media, monthly giving, events, grants, major gifts and other forms of funding the committee chooses to pursue.
Whether you have a strong Resource Development and Fundraising skillset, or you are simply enthusiastic, ready to learn and help fill a huge need in our community, we’d love to partner with you.
This is a brand new committee, so there is plenty of room for growth and input!
Responsibilities can include:
- Help to set fundraising goals and develop and monitor resource development strategies. Monitor fundraising performance and hold the board and organization accountable. In partnership with staff, the development committee should establish quantifiable goals for fundraising in the form of performance objectives. Performance criteria might include timetables for completion; documentation of stewardship activities; results for each fundraising method and technique; and reasonable cost guidelines for effective and efficient use of budget, staff, and volunteers. The committee will review quarterly summaries of performance on fundraising activities and gift reports. With clear information, committee members can more easily see where improvements lie and what adjustments might be necessary to meet goals. The committee will also oversee the faithful use of all funds received in accordance with donor restrictions, accounting standards, and legal and ethical requirements
- Develop policies for board and staff actions related to gift solicitation and recognition
- Participate actively in special fundraising events by leading, directing, and hosting such events with staff support; arranging tables of prospects and donors as their guests at benefit events; and adding their signatures to event invitations
- Help plan, create and run digital fundraising campaigns in partnership with the Public Relations Committee. Help coordinate with the PR Committee and PR volunteers to promote fundraising campaigns and events.
- Help ensure donors are getting recognition and thank yous as appropriate
- Help keep our donor management and fundraising platforms (Give Lively and Salesforce Nonprofit) up-to-date, and generate reports as needed
- In the future, help grow our donor base in other ways, such as identifying donors, businesses to partner with, planned giving, major gifts, etc.
- Other responsibilities agreed on and set by the RD Committee as a group
We’re looking for people who:
- Are moved by our mission and are excited to learn
- Are available to actively participate in monthly committee meetings and special fundraising events
- Are (or can become) familiar with our community and constituencies, and are able to use that knowledge to help set realistic fundraising expectations
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with one or more of the following areas: peer-to-peer fundraising, social media fundraising, special events (galas, auctions, fun runs/walks, etc.), grant writing and management, donor management, gift solicitation, business partnerships
- Experience with setting financial goals, analyzing and choosing appropriate strategies, leveraging board involvement, evaluating results and monitoring performance
- Experience with Give Lively
- Experience with Salesforce for nonprofits