About Us: Boys & Girls Aid has a 135-year history providing quality foster care services to children and families in Oregon. We’re focused on a future where every child, teen and young adult has the tools necessary to build lifelong and lasting relationships. We're committed to ensuring every child grows up with a family of their own.
About the Role: We are looking for foster parents to help guide children toward a healthier, happier future. If you have room in your heart and home and can offer a safe, stable, and caring home for a child, please get in touch.
With relief care, you provide care for foster kids on a temporary basis – just a day or two at a time. Relief Parents support full-time foster parents, giving them time off when they need it and helping to ensure Oregon's foster kids receive the best possible care. Relief Parents can also provide care for a kid who is waiting for a local agency to find a longer-term home. Relief Care is a way to make a difference in the lives of young people, with a lower commitment than full-time fostering.
Relief parents work with youth of all ages and genders. Children are placed in the home anywhere from one night to several weeks.
What support does Boys & Girls Aid provide?
• Daily stipend (per youth) to support the needs of the youth
• 24-hour on-call support and guidance, both on the phone and in-person
• Free trauma-informed training in addition to individual and group support meetings
• Collaborative support team to meet the needs of the youth and support foster parents
• Be at least 21 years old
• Have a residence within the Portland Metro Area with an open bedroom available
• Ability to pass a federal, state, and local criminal background check and child abuse check
• Have a valid Oregon Driver's License
• Have a reliable vehicle to transport youth
• Provide a separate bedroom in the home for the foster youth with a window and a door
About Us: Boys & Girls Aid has a 135-year history providing quality foster care services to children and families in Oregon. We’re focused on a future where every child, teen and young adult has the tools necessary to build lifelong and…