About Us: Boys & Girls Aid has a 135-year history providing quality foster care services to children and families in Oregon. We’re focused on a future where every child, teen and young adult has the tools necessary to build lifelong and lasting relationships. We're committed to ensuring every child grows up with a family of their own.
About the Role: We are looking for foster parents to help guide children toward a healthier, happier future. If you have room in your heart and home and can offer a safe, stable, and caring home for a child, please get in touch.
The Stabilization, Transition and Evaluation Program (STEP) is an assessment program for youth ages 10-18 who are referred to Boys & Girls Aid by the juvenile justice system. This community-based alternative to detention creates a unique opportunity for youth to get the support and services to succeed academically and socially. The program provides positive learning opportunities, case management, and wraparound support while youth plan to transition back home with new skills and resources that can help them positively move forward. Staff members and foster parents work collaboratively to create an environment that encourages youth to set goals and make positive choices for their lives. Placements range from 1–90 days, with most placements lasting 30–90 days.
What support does Boys & Girls Aid provide?
• $1,240 tax-free monthly stipend (per youth) to support the needs of the youth
• 24-hour on-call support and guidance, both on the phone and in-person
• Free trauma-informed training in addition to individual and group support meetings
• Collaborative support team to meet the needs of the youth and support foster parents
• Two days off per month
• Be at least 21 years old
• Have a residence within the Portland Metro Area with an open bedroom available
• Ability to pass a federal, state, and local criminal background check and child abuse check
• Have a valid Oregon Driver's License
• Have a reliable vehicle to transport youth daily
• Provide a separate bedroom in the home for the foster youth with a window and a door
About Us: Boys & Girls Aid has a 135-year history providing quality foster care services to children and families in Oregon. We’re focused on a future where every child, teen and young adult has the tools necessary to build lifelong and…