At the International Association of Atheists (IAA), we are working hard to make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. IAA is a coalition of atheist and atheist-friendly people and organizations working together to make secular humanist initiatives happen. We strive to educate, protect, and assist atheists internationally. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on changing the stigma associated with atheism by employing humanist ideals to help make the world a better place. IAA envisions a future in which atheists have the opportunities and resources they need to participate openly and confidently in every aspect of society.
This position is currently volunteer oriented, but will be upgraded to a paid position in coming months. We require at least 1+ hours a day in general but up 4+ a day during the giving season (October - December).
Create and manage IAA’s fundraising campaigns: planning, goal setting, execution and monitoring of the fundraising and marketing plan, in alignment with IAA’s overall outreach and fundraising strategy (which you will be helping to develop) to drive supporter engagement and campaign success.
- Fundraising - Manage the fundraising strategy and initiatives, in coordination with IAA’s overall initiatives and marketing plan.
- Grant writing - Researching grant opportunities. Gather documentation and fulfill the necessary requirements of various funding bodies to formally seek funding on behalf of IAA. Monitor grant proposals.
- Coordinating - Work with the IAA teams on fundraising opportunities that arise and assist IAA leadership with identifying fundraising opportunities for IAA and our partners.
- Planning - Develop and maintain a fundraising calendar that supports the mission and organization’s initiatives, and coordinate with the IAA communications/social media teams to ensure that campaigns are appropriately marketed through our various communications channels.
- Help IAA leadership with identifying ideas for increasing memberships and donations for organization funding (cost of doing business) needs.
- Support key IAA fundraising campaigns and events by coordinating with the social media manager to determine how to best market the campaigns.
- Monitor environment to identify trending (or potentially trending) topics or moments that may be opportunities or could represent threats to the organization or community, and elevating information regarding these opportunities/threats to IAA leadership.
- Donor stewardship
Required Competencies and Experience:
- 2+ years of fundraising and/or grant writing experience.
- Experience with planning and executing fundraising initiatives, campaigns, and events.
- Experience working with teams to promote fundraising initiatives, campaigns, and events as well as identifying fundraising opportunities.
- At least advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong creative (writing & editing), diplomatic, interpersonal, and presenting skills.
- Innovative, growth mindset with problem-solving capabilities and a comfort and passion in learning new ways to reach people.
- Committed to IAA’s mission.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Committed to an organization that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone involved to be their authentic self. Builds equity into structures, systems, and processes for our teams and the communities we serve. Engage with others in a way that is respectful and empathetic while ensuring all who we engage with are treated with dignity.
- Must be an atheist or atheist ally
International Association of Atheists embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse team in a culture where all members will contribute to their fullest potential.
IAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer