Volunteer Grant Writer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Spokane, WA
The Morning Star Foundation is seeking a Volunteer Grant Writer to research, develop, write and submit letters, reports and other materials as necessary to identify and suggest sources of grant support from foundations, corporations and government. Experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and demonstrated flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities is a must. A high degree of creativity, energy and initiative is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs and financial needs of the organization
- Research grant opportunities
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization
- Submit proposals to the Chief Executive and Grants Administration Committee Chair for approval
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, creative writing or a related area (master's degree preferred)
- A minimum of two years experience in grant writing
- Strong presentation, communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in G-Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail, Google Drive).
- Accuracy in written correspondence, record keeping and ability to work under deadlines is critical
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents and instructions
- Excellent grammar and strong research skills
- Ability to calculate figures
- Must be highly detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines
- Experience working with high-level corporate volunteers and community leaders
- Embraces values of Respect, Integrity, and Excellence in the workplace