SG is seeking a Cloud Admin to handle cloud computing services. As a cloud administrator, you will transition locally hosted infrastructure to the cloud, configure cloud environments to meet SG's needs, and architect systems for data management.
- Develop, configure, implement, and manage the infrastructure, systems, and services that comprise cloud offerings.
- Create and contribute new processes and technologies to further improve the design and delivery of automated solutions.
- Create and execute processes to support enterprise cloud offerings
- Hands-on configuration and administration of multiple Cloud environments.
- Execute automated processes that orchestrate Cloud offerings, with deep Infrastructure knowledge for debugging and possibly designing.
- Execute problem and change management processes.
- Maintain enterprise-level processes, security, and compliance of cloud offerings while operating under enterprise-level policies such as change management, problem management, and incident management.
- Interface between application teams and network delivery teams, coordinating changes, and assisting with problem debugging.
- Document existing processes as needed.
- Work in an Agile methodology environment learning and developing technology leadership and innovation, while collaborating with other Agile team members.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis, or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years working in Cloud environments implementing infrastructure services and solutions.
- 1+ years in migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
- Experience preferred in a client-facing role.
- Experience developing process and workflow to enable infrastructure automation is desired.
- Experience with scripting languages used in Cloud infrastructure.
- Professional Certifications a plus (Agile SCM, Azure, AWS, PMI, ITIL, etc.).
- Preferably 10+ years of IT professional experience with increasing responsibility and complexity.
- Preferably 8+ years of IT traditional infrastructure experience, 2+ years in the cloud.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.