What if you could go to your place of employment with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that the work you do contributes to a great cause? When you work with us in the role of Fundraising and Community Outreach, this could be your life. Grow to understand our potential donor pool and hold a vital role in planning events and coordinating other activities to encourage donations and help us move toward our goal of inspiring and empowering students and teachers. You will work closely with the CEO/Founder, to assign, meet and exceed fundraising goals, and in turn, grow and improve your communication and leadership skills and organizational capabilities in this pivotal role.
Essential Job Functions:
The position entails four main tasks: Research and identify fundraising opportunities and establish relationships with donors; Organize activities to raise funds or otherwise gather monetary donations or other gifts to support MBM’s mission; Design and produce promotional materials and raise awareness of the organization's work, goals, and financial needs.
- Raise funds for our cause and regularly meet or surpass fundraising targets
- Research and develop fundraising opportunities, including single events and detailed campaigns and potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to position our organization to them
- Collaborate with senior leadership and prioritize departmental activities to meet organizational goals, and assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for our organization
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities
- Assist in planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds and coordinate activities of volunteers and interns related to event planning and execution
- Create marketing materials, like flyers and brochures, to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising pushes
- Set financial targets for fundraising activities, and create strategies for reaching them, and analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and to identify areas where money can be saved
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications
- Contact and build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities
Job Skills & Qualifications
- A passion for philanthropic work (preferably in Education) and commitment to the nonprofit sector
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in communication, business, public relations, public policy, journalism or related/applicable area
- Experience in a nonprofit or similar philanthropic organization.
- Exemplary communication abilities, including public speaking and delivering presentations
- and outgoing, yet poised personality
- Exceptional written skills
- Strong interpersonal and team skills - ability to form relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Strong organizational skills and time-management abilities
- Self-starter who uses initiative and is comfortable handling multiple tasks
- Excellent research and computing skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent organizational abilities and strong attention to detail
- At least one year of fundraising experience
- Quick thinker and ability to make decisions under pressure
- Experience working with a non profit organization
- Previous exposure to fundraising and development
- Minimum two years of fundraising experience