Comida For Familias, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in 2019. Our mission is to develop and improve communities through the innovative use of technology with the knowledge and skills of trained individuals. We are motivated by the idea that technology can be utilized to bring people and communities together to solve humanities’ most basic needs. For more information please visit our website. https://www.comidaforfamilias.org/
About the position
An ideal candidate for the HR Generalist position is someone who is able to assist in a variety of tasks to support the daily operations of the HR department. Their duties will include comparing HR laws to current policies and procedures, drafting templates for HR documents, and working with other members of the department to oversee the onboarding process for our organization.
Do you have the ability to
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Create a Recruitment plan and process recruitment-related paperwork.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
Best if you have
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training,
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Have strong people skills and the ability to synthesize information quickly and efficiently
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with volunteers
- Communicate to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Opportunity to learn and get experience working with the team
- Opportunity to develop new technical and soft skills under the supervision of public benefit corporation
- Be exposed to different software applications
- Volunteers that are eligible may receive a presidential service award after a certain number of hours
To prepare for orientation:
Please send an email to email@example.com or SMS (707)716-9325 if you have any questions.