We are looking to expand our Board of Directors by adding people who are passionate, self-motivated, hard working and experienced in the nonprofit sector. Board members have the opportunity to help strategize our growth, connect us with other dedicated volunteers and donors, and create a community of giving. We are a working board - meaning our board members invest time, professional expertise and talent, and regularly advocate and engage their personal sphere of influence.
- Work closely with the Program team to understand, strategize, and communicate the needs of our current waitlist to the general public
- Target volunteer recruitment strategies based on current waitlist and anticipated incoming referrals. Volunteer recruitment can be a balancing act with family/youth referrals, and it is important to recruit intentionally “narrow” so we are attracting the right profile of volunteer
- Willing to show up and recruit volunteers at: events, nonprofit fairs, farmers markets, libraries, coffee chats with friends, online social media groups, Rotary Clubs, volunteer networks, foster conferences, local small businesses (and virtually during COVID-19)
- Contribute 5+ hours per week to moving the mission forward.
- Attend 10 out of 12 board meetings per year
- Willing to show up at community events and meetings
- Ability to convey the chapter’s vision and strategic future to the board, volunteers, partners and donors.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and strong public speaking ability.
- Must be passionate about our mission and be willing to invest time, and professional expertise and talent to grow Houston Angels.