Habitat for Humanity-MidOhio is currently seeking a full-time AmeriCorps member to serve from August 2021-July 2022 in the role of Volunteer Services Coordinator.
The Volunteer Services Coordinator will help recruit, train, schedule, and recognize volunteers while growing the volunteer base and advancing individual and group partnerships. The member will assist with volunteer management, including orientation, maintenance of database, volunteer tracking and follow-up opportunities in construction, office work, ReStores, deconstruction, family services, special events and other needs that may arise. The member may also focus on specific impact areas, such as neighborhood revitalization, disaster recovery, veteran outreach, etc. In alignment with Habitat MidOhio’s strategic plan, the member will assist in diversifying our volunteer base, with a special focus on our Women Build program and expanding volunteer engagement numbers closer to pre-COVID participation. This position will serve on a Tuesday-Saturday schedule to align with the volunteer build schedule.
- Recruit and schedule volunteers for construction, office, Habitat ReStores, deconstruction, homeowner services, The Playhouse Project, Women Build, Habitat Young Professionals (HYP), special events, and any additional volunteer opportunities that arise.
- Assist with all aspects of volunteer management including orientations, affiliate database maintenance, online volunteer management system, volunteer tracking and follow-up.
- Attend community outreach programs to promote volunteer opportunities, including events targeted at HYP, Women Build, and other specialized and skilled volunteer groups to help fill affiliate needs. Secure and manage affiliate presence at volunteer fairs.
- Work with Volunteer Services and Construction staff members to ensure successful volunteer build days –volunteer counts confirmed, workday information communicated, volunteer electronic waivers completed, volunteers are signed in properly, , orientation and safety briefings provided as needed, volunteers are engaged, and sites are maintained; member will follow all safety guidelines when on site.
- Assist with the development of written volunteer position or assignment descriptions as needed.
- Visit the build sites to observe and gain an understanding of tasks in which volunteers are asked to participate, and occasionally build alongside volunteers.
- Schedule and communicate affiliate need with assigned individual volunteers and volunteer groups.
- Maintain communication with volunteers through volunteer e-newsletters and by updating volunteer-related areas of the affiliate website and individual and team volunteer manuals with current information as needed.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the annual volunteer recognition event and other volunteer appreciation and recognition activities throughout the year.
- Assist in the collection of feedback through volunteer experience survey, analyzing the results that follow.
- Assist in the strengthening of existing and the development of new partnerships with community businesses and organizations to provide in-kind donations for volunteer appreciation activities and other volunteer services departmental needs.
- Assist with neighborhood revitalization activities, such as Rock the Block, and other community events.
- 18 years of age or older
- U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
- Driver's license
- Personal vehicle
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Experience working with volunteers, teaching or group facilitation.
- Experience working as a member of a larger team.
- Problem solving skills.
- Adaptable to change.
- Public speaking experience.
- Knowledge of community development practices.
- Project management experience.
- Current valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
For more information, visit https://www.habitatmidohio.org/get-involved/americorps.html
Interested candidates should submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to Deb Light at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AmeriCorps members will receive a living allowance of $16,300 basic health benefits, and an Education Award of $6,345 upon completion of service. Habitat MidOhio also provides members with housing assistance of up to $200 per month.