The Jewish Youth Climate Movement (JYCM) was founded by Hazon in 2020. We are dedicated to mitigating climate change by empowering teens, mobilizing our communities and taking action. JYCM believes in using Jewish values as a motivation to create a more equitable and sustainable world for all.
Hazon is seeking a part-time volunteer position with Hazon’s National Programs team for 8-12 hours per week from September 9, 2021 - December 20, 2021. This volunteer opportunity is remote and will be supervised by Liana Rothman, National Programs Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- 45 minute check-in and thought partnership session once a week with the supervisor to touch base on how things are going. Space for questions and concerns.
- Monthly full leadership board meetings (1.5 hrs on Sundays).
- Twice a month PR working group team meeting, supporting the Kvutzot sub-team.
- Twice a month Virtual Kvutzah meeting support.
Support the national expansion of Kvutzot (chapters)
- Hold informational meetings with teens or groups who indicate interest in starting Kvutzot. If they decide they would like to, closely support them in the creation of a Kvutzah in their Jewish community.
- Work closely with all national leadership board members who have indicated interest in starting Kvutzot in their communities. This includes helping teens:
- Recruit other Kvutzah leaders.
- Recruit Kvutzah members.
- Find an adult mentor.
- Make a plan to launch their Kvutzah.
- Support the virtual Kvutzah for our individual JYCM members and recruit more people to join.
- Support the team of JYCM leaders as they welcome new Kvutzot with a monthly Info Session for potential new members and a monthly Kvutzah Welcome meeting.
- Create and implement systems to support Kvutzot as they grow, develop, and troubleshoot.
- Support each Kvutzah in centering DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion).
- Maintain a spreadsheet and folders with information about all Kvutzot.
- Identify potential members, track members, and maintain engagement with members.
- Encourage Kvutzah members to share pictures of activities they’re doing, write blog posts and engage with JYCM’s social media to further develop our marketing and PR.
Looking for qualified applicants, with experience in:
- Ability to work in groups, and work independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with (or being part of) youth groups preferred.
- Great people skills, ability to meet new people and speak clearly and comfortably about the project.
- Recruitment experience is a plus.
- Data management experience; experience with Google Drive and Excel.