The U.S. Bookkeeper, under supervision of the Controller, is responsible for utilizing the accounting software Quickbooks Online to create, record, and maintain all U.S.-based accounting transactions (U.S.-based bank account and PayPal account).
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; and ensuring compliance with accounting principles
- Reviews transactions (automatically imported) for Paypal account and makes necessary changes to correct revenue/expense accounts
- Enters transactions into Quickbooks for operating and savings accounts
- Adds appropriate class code to transactions, as directed
- Makes journal entries
- Receipt matching and auditing
- Reconciliation of three bank accounts (Operating, Savings, Paypal)
- Performs accounting on assets and inventory accounts
- Customizes the organization’s invoice form and other forms, such as donor statements
- Understands the add-ons that work with QuickBooks Online, such as PayPal, and online banking
- Stays briefed on Intuit updates and news that affect the QuickBooks Online application
- Other Duties/Projects as Assigned
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a month
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Controller and the Finance Team, as well as responsive to emails. As a point of escalation for the finances and accounting, the U.S. Bookkeeper should be able to be reached within 24 hours for urgent issues, barring times of leave when a delegate should be identified.
The U.S. Bookkeeper will have full support of the Controller, Executive Director and Director of Finance.
- Experience with bookkeeping in QuickBooks Online is required
- Associates degree in accounting or related field, preferred
- Aptitude for business and knowledge of accounting terms
- Detail oriented
- Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and work under pressure
- Committed to the message of Rukundo International