LATEST UPDATES: Check out recent news on our official Instagram and our web-site.
OUR MISSION: To end injustice by empowering families in need.
Sikhi Alpha is a non-profit on a mission to work with communities worldwide to end injustice by empowering people and educating people to raise themselves up and become hardworking successful individuals who are able to help others. This process begins by sharing wealth, time and knowledge more effectively to reach those in need 100%.
OUR FOCUS: We are looking for a dynamic Executive Assistant for our CEO and Founder, who can be a strong liaison between him and the rest of the organization. You will assist with with day to day duties and operations, some of which include:
- Emails and Phone calls
- Volunteer overseer
- File and database management
- Intake and outtake of information
- Plan events
- Ensure compliance
- Day-to-day operations
- Weekly meetings with CEO
- CEO deadlines for appointments and other tasks
Some of the skills needed are: using email and standard Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as Google Docs. Participation at staff meetings held on Zoom may sometimes be required.
TIME COMMITMENT: minimum of 10 hours per week.
We appreciate your generous spirit of volunteering. To help us help you:
- Please visit our website sikhialpha.org and our instagram for our recent event updates.
- Provide us with a fun fact about you. What we do is serious but we want to have lots of fun while doing it and growing our organization :)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to listen well
- Reliable internet access
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Passion for service and justice
- Desire to gain professional experience while developing communication and leadership skills
- Background or interest in psychology, social work, public health, early childhood development, trauma therapy, or nonviolent communication a plus.
Sikhi Alpha offers volunteers opportunities to:
- Develop valuable skills while making an immediate impact on individuals and families who are vastly under-resourced throughout the United States;
- Grow in awareness of issues related to financial illiteracy and lack of health education while developing communication, leadership, fundraising and project management skills;
- Work closely with the CEO on all aspects of the organization, working remotely from the convenience of your home, and setting many of your own hours.