Are you a marketing generalist with experience in writing, social media, email marketing, and WordPress content management? Do you have a sharp eye for detail, excellent follow-through, and strong project management skills? Are you looking to join a growing organization where you can develop your career while making a difference in the world? If yes, then join our marketing team!
Founded in the U.S. and South Africa in 2013, ROCKBlue is a global nonprofit that has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching water and sanitation organizations in the world. Thanks to the efforts of our dedicated global team, a roster of industry specialists, and partnerships with local utilities, other NGOs, international financiers, and corporate sponsors, we impact more than 5 million lives — soon 30 million — in developing countries, while helping create healthier, more sustainable cities.
ROCKBlue is seeking a Marketing, Content, and Communications Coordinator to support the planning and execution of all projects, initiatives, campaigns, and daily activities in our marketing department. In this role, you will be an integral part of the marketing team, working directly with our Chief Marketing Officer while collaborating with departments across the organization.
- Web Copy Writing | Writing high-quality web copy (creative copywriting for content marketing and/or journalism/editorial), social media posts, newsletters, press releases, fact sheets, reports, etc.).
- Social Media Marketing | Posting, engagement, and social listening on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn (YouTube and other platforms a BIG plus).
- WordPress Content Management | Proofreading and posting new blog content and managing and updating existing posts and pages using the WordPress dashboard.
- MailChimp Email Marketing | Managing email marketing from layout design to post-campaign reporting (monitoring metrics and making improvements based on data insights).
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or public relations, or an appropriate combination of education and relevant experience.
- 2-3+ years’ experience (agency on in-house) in digital marketing disciplines with a focus on copywriting, social media, WordPress blogging, and email marketing with a proven track record of driving marketing activities for an organization with trackable outcomes.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills comfortable working independently as part of a team at all organizational levels and with external partners.
- Must be able to thrive working in an ever-changing start-up environment where simultaneously managing multiple projects and priorities is the norm.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), WordPress, Mailchimp and marketing, creative and social media software.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest digital marketing, content, and communications best practices, trends, techniques, and technologies with the ability to make informed recommendations on plans, tactics, tools, and potential partners/collaborators.
- An interest in international development and the social impact space (water and sanitation a HUGE plus).
- Experience working remotely in a diverse, multicultural global environment.
Optional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in brand management with knowledge of brand positioning, development, and storytelling
- Familiarity with Slack, Zoom, Trello, Salesforce, Themeco Pro, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, HTML a plus.
- Assisting CMO in conceptualizing, developing, and managing all internal and external marketing and communications efforts — from early-stage brainstorming and concept development through daily execution to push the ROCKBlue brand forward through digital campaigns that engage audiences, support brand awareness, and encourage support.
- Write crisp, clear, compelling copy — without being clichéd or hyperbolic — across multiple channels; help develop a blog and social media content calendars based on industry interest, current events, cultural moments, and breaking news.
- Recognize the possibilities beyond the scope of any given assignment. Bring a passion and strength for explaining the strategic thought behind creative decisions to partners across departments, most of whom are unfamiliar with marketing, creative strategy, and design.
- Potentially lead a small team: Be an expert at identifying marketing, content, and communications talent, helping recruit, energize and focus the team.
- Exploring options for new marketing channels, including SMS messaging, WhatsApp, and direct mail, among others.