PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCAN while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease. The Event Volunteers Chair plays a critical role in ensuring PurpleStride has the necessary volunteer power and coordination to run smoothly.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Recruit and effectively manage a sub-committee chair to support your efforts around planning and logistics of event day volunteers.
- Collaborate with other PurpleStride planning committee chairs to define volunteer needs for site setup, packet pickup and event day. Outline volunteer instructions for each area.
- Actively recruit volunteers to fill the defined needs.
- Regularly communicate with volunteers from the time they register through event. Welcome them, figure out best placement for their desires and skills, outline what to expect, send reminders and answer questions.
- Onsite volunteer coordination. Welcome and check in, train and instruct as necessary and direct to designated assignments. Reassign as necessary to ensure high priority areas are covered.
- Check-out and excuse all event day volunteers at the completion of event.
- Post event volunteer appreciation.
- Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with PurpleStride Chair.
- Access to a computer and the internet as well as proficient computer skills.
- Respond to inquiries within two business days.
- All volunteer committee positions are expected to regularly communicate with their local volunteer leader, think holistically about referrals (patient, volunteer, donor, etc.) and demonstrate a commitment to the PanCAN mission.
- Strong leader, communicator and motivator
- A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Remain poised in high energy situations
- Knowledge ofcommunity
- Strong time management
- Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission