Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor receives a sincere “thank you” for their donation. The American Red Cross aspires to be an organization fully committed to diversity and inclusion by creating and maintaining a diverse, high-performing workforce of employees and volunteers who reflect all communities we serve; by cultivating a collaborative, inclusive and respectful work environment that empowers all contributors; and by leveraging diverse partnerships all of which helps to ensure culturally competent service delivery supported by effective community leadership and engagement.
Length of Appointment
Volunteer Application Instructions:
1. Go to www.redcross.org
2. Hover over the volunteer tab
a. Click on “Become a Volunteer”
3. Find and click on the red “Find My Volunteer Opportunity” button
4. Where it says “Enter Zip Code Here,” type in your zip code and click “Search”
5. Choose "Browse Volunteer Positions” then choose the opportunity interested in (Blood Services: Blood Donor Ambassador) (DO NOT choose one that says “NHQ”)
6. Click “Apply Now”
7. Create a Red Cross ID
8. Go through the application, following all prompts until you authorize the background check
a. If you have issues completing your application, click “Volunteer Help” in the upper right corner
You will be contacted by someone from the Volunteer Intake Team to help you through the process. Reminder: This is a volunteer role and an incredibly rewarding experience!
Thank you again!
American Red Cross
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude…