Director of Grant Management - Capoeira Social Project
We are searching for a methodical and strategic Grants Manager to work with our organization in enhancing funding models, identifying new sources of funding, and developing sustainable and effective grants programs. Duties for the Grants Manager will include managing overall grant efforts, documenting payments and expenditure, optimizing the grant administration process, preparing progress reports, ensuring compliance with grant regulations, reviewing grant proposals, managing grant databases, engaging with donor agencies, educating staff on policies, and preparing financial reports.
Your skills and expertise in successful grants management will aid our organization in serving the public by securing continuous funding, improving business opportunities through effective funding programs, and executing meaningful projects.
The ideal candidate for this role should have superior organizational skills, great leadership qualities, and exceptional budgeting and monitoring skills. The outstanding Grants Manager should re-enforce relationships with donors, ensure that grant programs operate efficiently, streamline grant administration, and keep our organization fiscally sound.
- Managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation for the organization
- Designing grant programs.
- Determining funding needs.
- Researching funding opportunities.
- Coordinating and engaging with grant writers.
- Managing timelines and deliverables.
- Preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Tracking grant applications.
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results
- Directly involved in grant writing by coordinating with grant writers (typically interns).
- Provide training to the new staff on grants management and reporting requirements
- Research for effective and authentic funding opportunities having a lawful registration and proven track record
- Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Oversee if other grant staff (coordinators, writers and administrators) is complying with their job responsibilities
- Oversee the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement
- Provide detailed reports to the funders and the board of directors with respect to the organization's progress
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Methodical and strategic thinking.
- Good communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Budgeting and accounting experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of auditing policies.
- Knowledge of donor agencies.
- Strong writing skills.