Position Type: Committee Chair (PurpleStride Planning Committee)
PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCAN while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease. The Team & Individual Development Committee plays a critical role in the success of PurpleStride through team & individual engagement and retention.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Partner with PurpleStride Chair and other planning committee members to determine event revenue goal
- Recruit and manage team & individual development committee members
- Works with committee to provide overall customer service and hospitality for team captains and high performing individuals year-round keeping them informed and showing your appreciation
- Build strong rapport with team captains and top individuals through personalized outreach including phone calls and meetings
- Lead the planning and execution of a team kickoff event in collaboration with the PurpleStride Chair and your team and individual development committee
- Focus on new team recruitment prior to team kick off to engage them with the team captain community
- Coach and mentor teams with a focus on fund-raising
- Work with other planning committee chairs to identify needs for event day activities. For example:
- Volunteer needs for teams area
- Logistical needs for teams area and Grand Club members
- Communicate effectively around team benefits, Grand Club, deadlines and logistical details
- Ensure top teams receive all team benefits
- In collaboration with other planning committee chairs, develop and execute a plan to "work the track" on event day. Engage with attendees to thank teams and secure commitment for next year, recruit new teams, new committee members, and new volunteers
- Team captain and Grand Club member appreciation year-round
- Collect and share inspiring team and individual stories with the Media Chair
- Connect the dots on potential opportunities stemming from teams and individuals including volunteering, patient central referrals, sponsorship referrals, potential high-level donors, etc.
- Complete and maintain Partnership Agreement with PurpleStride Chair.
- Access to a computer and the internet as well as proficient computer skills.
- Respond to inquiries within two business days.
- All volunteer positions are expected to regularly communicate with their staff partner and/or local volunteer leader, think holistically about referrals (patient, volunteer, donor, etc.) and demonstrate a commitment to the PanCAN mission.
- Strong leader, communicator and motivator
- A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of community
- Strong time management
- Conflict management and resolution
- Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission
- Team & Individual Development Chair Guidebook and access to resources via online platform
- Webinars throughout the year
- Inside Track e-newsletter
- National Leadership Training - in person training over 3 days
- PurpleStride Chair
- PurpleStride Planning Committee Chairs
- Sponsorship & Flagship Chair
- Logistics Chair
- Media Chair
- Event Experience Chair
- Event Day Volunteer Chair