Our Marketing and Fundraising Committees — responsible for grants, individual donations, and other fundraising activities — needs a Volunteer Salesforce Administrator/Developer on their team. We need a responsive system that helps us care for the thousands of relationships that our organization relies on for funding. Your job is to build and manage this system in Salesforce. We are collaborative, transparent, and believe that trust is the foundation of a great culture. Come use your superpowers for good and spark positive change in a young person’s life!
- Building on our current system to enable Salesforce to function as a full grants management platform — including campaign tracking, grant reporting, and revenue tracking.
- Customizing Salesforce to support comprehensive and confidential relationship management for our network of high net-worth individuals and high-profile brand ambassadors.
- Partnering with the Marketing & Fundraising teams to segment contacts and create automated email campaigns for donor development and engagement.
- Developing reports to provide the team with data-driven insights into fundraising campaign performance, donation trends, and other key metrics.
- Playing a key role implementing our Salesforce architecture including, but not limited to: Campaign Monitor, Nonprofit Success Pack, Grants Management, BeeFree, etc.
- Performing Salesforce administrator functions including maintenance/updates, system backups, security, roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows and groups;
- Integrating Salesforce with systems supporting telephony, donor information, events, data collection, etc;
- Designing and execute solutions that include data mapping, object modeling, page layout design, and business process workflows;
- Providing change logs and documentation on updates made to the platform including but not limited to; user audit trails, workflow processes, reporting, and analytics;
- Addressing user questions, aggregate and prioritize user feedback, and plan and implement Salesforce enhancements based on personal expertise, user feedback and organizational goals;
- Identifying Salesforce problems, develop fixes, ensure full quality assurance testing, and implement solutions;
- Documenting and train staff on system best practices and processes;
- Reviewing, recommending and implementing new system features and updates; and
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Very strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Demonstrated success as a team player possessing a strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, and flexibility;
- Systematic problem-solving skills, the ability to determine root cause problems and implement solutions;
- Able to handle multiple, complex priorities and balance the needs of each according to business impact;
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment and juggle multiple deadlines and tasks;
- Exceptional project management skills including the ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization;
- Successful implementation of business process documentation initiatives;
- Proficient with technology especially cloud-based educational tools (eg. Google Apps, Salesforce, Google Drive).
- Hands-on configuration, workflow, process builder, flow experience; Apex, Lightning Web Components or Visualforce experience a plus but not required. A willingness to learn and understand the capabilities of Lightning Web Components required.
- A commitment to testing and quality. Come teach us a thing or two about your testing approach.
- A positive and energetic attitude that thrives when solving unique and difficult problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent technology industry experience required.
- 1-2 years experience as a Salesforce Administrator and development experience with Force.com Platform (Apex, VisualForce, SOQL, Unit Testing), Lightning components and web services building /consuming REST, SOAP, JSON & XML.
- Work Experience with Salesforce NPSP, V4S, and Grants Management is a plus.
- Salesforce Admin Certification or Salesforce Application Builder Certification required, multiple certifications a plus (Advanced Admin and/or Dev 1).
- Ability to pass required background checks.
- Experience as a remote teammate.