CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Our Future Leaders students attend supplementary classes at Anjali to guide them after finishing high school and to help them to develop as blooming and independent grown-ups. Our coordinator needs support in running this program.
- Assist the students’ classes
- Conduct workshops or training with young adult students to improve their skills: behavior, job orientation, leadership, health, values, personal and professional integrity
- Raise their awareness of the challenges faced by their community, country and the world (social issues, climate change, access to clean water, hygiene, etc.)
- Conduct student assessments (their personal academic strengths, weaknesses and possibilities for how they can pursue their interests with further education or apprenticeships)
- Work with students who have long term difficulties
- Support Anjali House staff
- Develop curriculum and materials
- Monitor and evaluate the program
- Source scholarship opportunities
- Improve Anjali’s connection with other NGOs
- Compile a database of NGO programs in Siem Reap to highlight different training opportunities when the students have completed school
- Connect with NGO partners which have similar projects or services
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Background in social work environment
- Experience working with young adults and teenagers
- Willing to take the lead and conclude projects
- Great communication skills
- Patience to work with a diverse group of children with a range of ability to communicate in English
- Understanding of our child protection policy
- Willing and able to live in a developing country with limited resources and standards of living
- Understanding and respect of Cambodian culture
Minimum 3 months.
- Volunteers and interns can apply to this mission
- The volunteer/intern must be covered by medical insurance for the duration of the mission
- The volunteer/intern shall not receive any remuneration and shall be responsible for covering all costs incurred during the mission as we do not have the capacity to pay for these allowances
- As this role will involve direct contact with children a criminal background check will be required
- We ask volunteers for a one-off donation of $250 to go into our general budget, which supports our programs. The $250 contribution is to offset administrative expenses for volunteers and serves as a general contribution to our NGO; a standard practice at most charities in Southeast Asia.
Note: The missions are general and can be changed according to to the current needs of the organisation.