TESTOPER COMMUNITY: CHIEF Marketing Officer (CMO)
Testoper Community is the nonprofit developer community that empowers every person to become a part of the tech ecosystem's future workforce. We enable tech 'future skills and innovation' to deliver and operate intelligent technology solutions through continuous learning programs designed to accelerate every person's career, intrapreneurial, and entrepreneurial aspirations.
The Testoper community is started and spearheaded by volunteers of tech industry experts and leaders who want to make a difference in society to the cause they believe in by giving back selflessly. If you are passionate about volunteering, making an impact, experiencing more to gain a whole new perspective, be part of something bigger than yourself, and build life-long friends, you may be the right fit for our team.
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) mission is to build a strong marketing function at Testoper Community to ensure stakeholders understand the value today and long into the future. Be the voice, creative mind, insightful data-driven learner, brand builder, and act as a force multiplier to drive growth.
- Partner with CEO, cross-functional CXO’s, and strategic advisors to drive all product marketing strategies and execution.
- Participate in board meetings and lead board-level discussions on marketing strategy, operations, target, and outcome.
- Act as a key spokesperson and the face of the Testoper community with external stakeholders.
- Take the lead to re-imagine innovative ways of doing things for go-to-market, brand awareness, and digital marketing.
- Build and lead a healthy, integrated marketing organization by hiring and retaining top talent.
- Lead as an example, walk the talk, and honor meeting hours (1-2 hrs./week) and volunteer work hours (2-3 hrs./week).
- Create a marketing operational plan and calendar, and ensure its success from goal to action, target metrics indicator, and outcome.
- Build Testoper brand awareness with compelling content, messaging, and graphics through digital marketing.
- Accountable for program promotion to potential external stakeholders, including individuals and partners.
- Achieve attendee acquisition and retention targets through brand awareness and program promotion marketing initiatives.
- Engage continuously with attendees through feedback loop such as surveys during and after programs to collect metrics, outcomes, and indicators to adapt and grow.
- Be a force multiplier to succeed in achieving attendee donation or program fee revenue targets.
- Determined to succeed and have led the marketing team end-to-end from strategy to operations and achieving targets.
- Curious to always learn and seek new innovative ways to deliver results.
- Keep your promises, take your commitments to others seriously, and have strong integrity.
- Experience in the non-profit organization, tech industry, education industry, and event management is an asset.
- We commit to a diverse and inclusive team. Everyone including Immigrants, retired, employed, unemployed with relevant experience may apply.
Testoper Community is a non-profit tech organization primarily conceived to give back selflessly. We believe as Canadians giving back to society is pivotal to lead a happier and healthier life. As a volunteer, you may enjoy many direct and indirect benefits.
- Support from industry experts of volunteers to learn, mentor, and refer to succeed in your career.
- Support for your own business, if any, as a Testoper Community sponsor to amplify marketing and reach.
- With continuous dedicated service, opportunity to become a non-profit board member and content for board director election process.
- Primarily it is a volunteer role, as we grow, the opportunity to get volunteer wages and even play a role as part-time, full-time job and contract employee.
- Industry Recognition and Canadian work and/or volunteer experience certificate.
Seniority Level: Executive
Industry: Non-profit, Information Technology
Employment Type: Volunteer
Job Functions: Marketing
We thank all interested applicants. At Testoper Community, we are fortunate to receive a high number of applications. Hence, please note that only those applicants' skills and experience align with the role's requirement will be contacted.
We look forward to having you on our team.