The Strategy Officer will serve on the Operations committee and assist the Operations Chair and CEO with the internal functions of the organizations, ensuring that initiatives and projects are developed in alignment with the vision, mission, and objectives of the organization.
Recommended Volunteer Hours:
12 hours a week, weekly meetings on Wednesdays at 5:30 pm and Operations meeting.
This role is for you if:
- You are an idea machine but can draft blueprints in how a plan can come to life
- You have a sharp eye for attention to detail, but strengths lie in looking at the big picture and assessing different moving parts
- You prioritize timeliness and the best use of resources to ensure projects can be executed for the people we serve in mind
- You see solutions and opportunities amid ‘problems’ and can be nimble in implementing strategies and tactics that improve transparency and processes
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with committee leaders to devise an effective short- and long-term project and committee plans.
- Assist the CEO in creating actionable goals that make it possible to turn the organization’s mission into tangible results.
- Assesses the organization’s many different projects from the products down to the daily administrative activities to make sure they align with the company’s goals and are completed within the project timeframe.
- Analyzes the success of products, projects, and activities as it relates to the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Discovers ways to increase revenue by eliminating wasteful practices and expediting delivery and quality.
- Leads and supports management in the application and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Assist the CEO in develops new business opportunities by leveraging contacts, pursuing new product development, and improving project efficiency.
- Assist Operations Chair and General Counsel in ensuring all projects and initiatives are in compliance with all relevant laws, policies, and regulations.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strategic problem solver and project manager
- Time management skills to manage the timeline of strategic initiatives.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and to use discretion in interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.