Helpful Engineering is seeking a Director of Software Engineering to volunteer to help fight COVID! This is a volunteer position (we do not offer compensation). Helpful Engineering volunteers work with amazing worldwide team members in a dynamic fast-moving environment. It is also a great opportunity to build your skills and resume. Come join us!
About Helpful Engineering
Helpful Engineering is an international, open-source community incubator focused on mobilizing people to help solve the Covid-19 pandemic and other critical issues. With thousands of volunteers worldwide, we support projects through innovations in engineering, community resources, software, and manufacturing. Most of the projects are focused on finding solutions to fix the lack of products used by healthcare professionals, including hardware and software, but also non-technical products like surgical masks. We have engineers and doctors all around the world who are producing ventilators, protective equipment, websites, and systems to organize volunteers to assist their communities and medical workers. They are making heroic efforts to produce products in time to help the outbreak.
Check Out Helpful Engineering Here: https://www.helpfulengineering.org/
For our complete list of open positions, check out our
Volunteer Opportunities: https://airtable.com/shrwgNtBUAzuciV0j/tbl5Bqnjl3JRKD7qP
Volunteer Position Description & Responsibilities
● Set up and manage Software Engineering teams (including hiring and onboard new Software Engineers) to support the needs of Helpful Projects.
● Manage the design and development of Software-related projects.
● Coordinate with other Departments and teams such as DevOps and Project management to plan, establish milestones, and ultimately deliver/deploy software projects.
● Manage, guide, and mentor Software Engineers.
● Represent the Software Engineering department at the Director/C-Suite level meetings.
● Where required: Work with the Project Owners and Scrum Masters to clear blockers and manage relationships within the Highlighted projects on the behalf of Helpful Engineering.
● Extensive experience developing and launching software projects
● Knowledge of software lifecycles, Agile, and test automation strategies
● Familiarity with Software Deployment – CI/CD pipelines
● 4+ years experience with Cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
● 5+ years leading a technical team. Leading multiple teams highly desired
Our organization is organic, transparent, and follows the principles of open source and effective altruism. Helpful Engineering expects all volunteers to adopt a professional attitude and be respectful of their fellow volunteers, which includes politeness, punctuality, giving notice, and communicating openly and transparently their work and progresses.
Helpful Engineering is seeking a Director of Software Engineering to volunteer to help fight COVID! This is a volunteer position (we do not offer compensation). Helpful Engineering volunteers work with amazing worldwide team members in a…