We are looking for professionals to mentor our students and provide the following:
- Guidance, compassion, and support to mentees: you are a real-life road map
- Come out and participate in a field trip, workshop, or school based session
- Co-create goals with the mentee and work towards accomplishing them
- Attend orientation and quarterly training workshops
- Participate in efforts seeking to evaluate the program
Due to COVID-19, we are giving mentors and mentees the option to meet via Zoom.
- Students volunteer to participate in program
- We have an array of students from diverse backgrounds that are a part of the mentoring program.
- Large portion of students come from single-parent households
- Young men and women in need of a spark and direction.
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- As a 1:1 Mentor- 1 year commitment, dedicate 4 hours per month to mentee through zoom, face to face and phone calls. As a group Mentor- attend 1 workshop per month and engage with youth (summers are off). All workshops are currently virtual.
- Fill out a Mentor Application Interview with program staff Complete background check