The University Mentorship Lead will be responsible for overseeing the BPN student residency program which helps students develop skills, behaviors, and habits that contribute to success after graduation. This position has will strategize and organize the mentorship program and work alongside programming and Universities to ensure a successful student transition experience for graduating students entering entry-level careers through a series of special events, internship opportunities, programming, and mentor match up. The University Mentorship Lead will ensure graduates improve their career success rates by identifying strengths and weaknesses and create a structured and collaborative approach to support career progression and next steps.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the recruitment of mentors and facilitate mentor matches
- Prepares students for job placement readiness for internship in the desired field and future employment through relationship building, resume development, and interview preparation.
- Delivers and coordinates career development workshops and other student professional development functions and events in collaboration with Programs and Career Services Lead.
- Provides group and individual career-related coaching sessions for students and graduates.
- Meets or exceeds job placement objectives.
- Keeps detailed and accurate records relating to externship and job search process for each student/graduate.
- Provides feedback and advice to the Career Services Lead regarding the state of the job market for the assigned program/program portfolio.
- Proposes best practices and initiatives to improve specific functional areas such as business/job development, student activation, student mentorship, and coaching, student professional development, and Intern/Mentee to Hire.
- Actively promote the organization’s mission, vision, and values and ensures team members incorporate these beliefs and values into their work outcomes;
- Develops and maintains working relationships with potential mentors to promote the program.
- Coordinates and integrates initiatives that promote and enhance student services and activities
- Assists Students and Mentors in creating next step plans for students
- Plans and Facilitates Graduate Mentorship Workshop
- Provides specialized career coaching sessions
- Assists students with focusing on individual goals and identify steps to reaching goals.
- Assists students with identifying obstacles that may interfere with their career
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of organization, goals, and objectives, and policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of student support programs and the ability to make referrals
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail
- Experience in teaching/advising college-level students
- At least 3 years of experience in academic advising or closely related field.