The American Liver Foundation’s Associate Board is a group of young professionals who are determined to educate young professionals about liver health, create funds for patient services and research on liver disease, and to improve the lives of individuals and their families affected by liver disease.
The Associate Board’s mission is to shape our world by empowering future leaders, building connections, and advancing ALF's mission in the Greater New York community to promote education, advocacy, support services and research for the prevention, treatment and cure of liver disease.
The Associate Board is looking to expand in the NYC tri-state area. If you’re interested in joining a network of young professional volunteers who leverage their work experiences and skills to further the mission of ALF, we need your help!
We’re currently growing in these areas:
- Marketing and Social Media: The Associate Board is looking to expand its digital presence and boost its events marketing. We’re looking for several people to help promote the awareness of the Associate Board by creating promotional materials for events, developing content for the Associate Board website, working with the ALF HQ team to develop and approve social media content, and ideating ways to grow our digital audience and increase engagement.
- Events: The Associate Board creates ideates and manages a number of events throughout the year that expands the breadth of programming put on by ALF, and engages the young professional community. The events committee plans and executes all events, including connecting with and securing event spaces and platforms, decorations, and day-of details and logistics. In the past, we’ve thrown events such as Yoga by the Water, a virtual Nash Bash weekend, Game Night, and happy hours.
- Secretary: The Associate Board holds monthly meetings. The person in this role would be responsible for recording notes on monthly Associate Board meetings, sending notes and action items to group post-meeting, and putting together the agenda prior to meetings
- Recruitment: We’re looking to grow the Associate Board and need your help managing the expansion of the board, posting to volunteer sites, setting up and running recruitment events, and developing promotional materials to enlist new members
- Fundraising and Sponsorship: The Associate Board is looking to expand its partnerships with companies and organizations that can help us achieve a greater impact in awareness, fundraising, and event logistics. Committee members help to secure items for silent auctions and raffles, increase awareness and participation at ALF- and AB-led events, and engage companies to support events and campaigns through financial sponsorship and team fundraising contributions
If you have any questions please contact the Associate Board Chair, Matthew Eng, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find out more about ALF at liverfoundation.org, Facebook and Instagram.
What to expect once you apply:
If you’ve been looking for a long-term volunteer opportunity where you can meet other young professionals, grow and use your professional skills, and support an organization that greatly impacts the lives of people with liver disease, consider applying.
Within 1-2 weeks of applying we’ll reach out and set up an introductory phone call and interview to talk about the American Liver Foundation, the Associate Board, and how volunteers can support our mission. You’ll be invited to join our next monthly board meeting (6 PM on the 1st Wednesday of every month) to see what we’re currently up to. If it’s a fit you will be invited to join the Associate Board.