With your enthusiasm and compassion, support adult English-language learners from our English For Parents program improve their conversational fluency. In weekly meetings via Zoom, serve as a conversation facilitator to provide 2-3 students with much-needed one-on-one speaking practice.
English for Parents is an English for Speaker of Other Languages (ESOL) program that supports parents and caregivers in building children’s early literacy skills while strengthening the emotional connection between parents and their children.
Location and Schedule
Choose a schedule from below (volunteers may commit to more than once a week):
● Mondays 10:30am-11:00am or 1:00pm-1:30pm
● Tuesdays 10:30am-11:00am or 1:00pm-1:30pm
● Wednesday 10:30am-11:00am or 1:00pm-1:30pm
● Thursday 10:30am-11:00am or 1:00pm-1:30pm
● All of the above times are the last 30 minutes of our English class; although it is not necessary, you are welcome to join the class when it begins if interested.
● All meetings will be held using Zoom video conferencing
● Attend a kick-off meeting (remote) led by a Literacy Partners teacher
● Facilitate weekly 30-minute remote conversations among 2-3 adult English language learners, suitable to the students’ English level
● Utilize materials provided by teachers to facilitate conversations
● Check in with the program supervisor as needed
● Interest in working with NYC’s immigrant parent population
● Able to use video conferencing apps such as Zoom
● Consent to a basic background check
● Be at least 18 years old
● Fluent in speaking English
Apply directly here
With your enthusiasm and compassion, support adult English-language learners from our English For Parents program improve their conversational fluency. In weekly meetings via Zoom, serve as a conversation facilitator to provide 2-3…