The Performance Management Specialist manages and coordinates organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance management and quality improvement programs are developed and managed using a data-driven focus that sets priorities for improvements aligned with ongoing strategic initiatives. This position will also maintain effective programs for retention, promotion and succession planning.
- Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development, and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Collect, analyze and maintain data gathered to inform targeted leadership development (e.g., succession planning).
- Participate in organizational strategic planning and provide leadership for Performance Management and Quality improvement policy development.
- Research and assist in the development of Performance Management training programs that focus on enabling the workforce to achieve improvements with priority organizational concerns.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert with hiring managers to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in client satisfaction.
- Develop effective relationships within the organization and the department hiring officers of School Group to have influence and impact the recruiting process and hiring.
- Develop, initiate and maintain effective programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning.
- Manage the maintenance and execution of the performance management system, including current job descriptions, standards of performance and performance evaluation instruments.
- Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity and competitive advantage in support of the School Group's diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
- Conduct presentations and training.
- Ensure that organization-wide talent management and performance management initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness within School Group.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
All internal Departments
- 3-5+ years of broad HR experience including talent management and performance management.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics, and relationship management.
- Previous experience in capturing metrics and producing various employment reports.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP is helpful.
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.