POSITION TITLE: Jira Expert
DEPARTMENT: Innovation & Technology
REPORTS TO: IT Operations Manager
OBJECTIVE: The Jira Expert is responsible for the administration, build automation, design, development, enhancement and maintenance of high performance, data intensive workflow driven applications built on Jira Platform.
- Works with each department leader and CEO to design and develop workflow driven applications on Atlassian Jira Platform, Jira plugins, web services.
- Builds Jira work flows, Transitions, real-time interactive visualizations to implement organization workflows & processes.
- Develops custom fields, custom Jira Plugins, and validations to implement complex workflows.
- Researches and utilizes third party Jira plugins like nFeed to extend Jira with capabilities needed.
- Provides Package, Build & deployment scripts for Jira Application deployment and configuration management.
- Administers Jira configuration and helps the Production Operations in upgrading Jira, disaster recovery, production support
- Diagnoses application issues using awareness of the capabilities and technologies employed in the full application stack
- Debugs and addresses production application issues in a timely manner.
- Participates in the solution design, feature grooming, and implementation of POCs in various new technologies.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external teams to define integrated solution and architecture.
- Proactively drives code reviews and refactoring discussions.
- Applies modern GIT, Subversion based code management workflows
- Performs Unit testing, Integration testing and delivers tested software that exceeds both functional, non-functional specifications & Quality requirements.
- Delivers enterprise software that is manageable, reliable and focused on long-term benefit.
- Clearly documents code and designs to ensure that others can understand.
- Quickly and effectively addresses operational issues and internal client requests via standard processes and mechanisms. Effectively manages client expectations.
- Seeks to stay current with leading edge changes in web and UI technologies
- Works with other team members to deliver products in an efficient manner.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering.
- Must have Jira administration and development experience
- Strong knowledge on Jira deployment automation with Python, Jenkins and other tools.
- Strong experience in Jira application integration with other applications using web services.
- Expert level ability to decompose user requirements into workflow design and implement with quality and speed.
- Full understanding of modern continuous delivery practices: Test, Build & Deployment Automation
- Demonstrated broad-based, full-stack development experience.
- Experience in profiling and performance turning of web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and language paradigms
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Agile methodology and Scaled Agile Framework
- Must have ability to positively handle frequent change.
- Must have flexibility and willingness to participate in the work processes of an international organization, including conference calls scheduled to accommodate global time zones.
- Familiarity working with startup NPO
Who is School Group?
School Group (SG) is a startup international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
To apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!