Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you have a heart to minister to those who have devoted years helping to give people God’s Word in their heart language? Are you tired of the pressures of a busy practice or want to devote some of your time to support Bible translation?
The JAARS Health Clinic could use you! We serve those who serve on the JAARS campus, as well as providing medical support to those overseas. As a community service we also offer immunizations for church teams going overseas.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We would love to have you join our team!
Serve as a physician assistant licensed in North Carolina who can provide health care services to patients under the oversight of our physician.
- · This is a full-time, volunteer or career staff that raises their support position
- · Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to apply
- · Perform patient medical exams
- · Gather the patient’s health history and report on results of physical exam
- · Order or perform various tests, analyses, and X-rays
- · Perform therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, wound care, and manage infections
- · Develop and implement patient management plans, record progress notes, and assist in provision of continuity of care
- · Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
- · This is a .5 to 1.0 FTE position
- · Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- · Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Requirements and Experience Desired
- · Must have current PA medical license in good standing with state of North Carolina
- · Two or more years of experience
- · Diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases is helpful but not required
JAARS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
How To Apply
There are many key opportunities at JAARS for you to help make Bible translation possible around the world. Volunteers are a crucial part of every department; over 50% of the staff are volunteers. We could not provide significant technical and logistical support services without people like YOU!
You will gain a new vision for missions and realize the lasting value of how your practical and technical skills are helping to transform lives around the world. Build meaningful and potentially lasting relationships with fellow volunteers and career staff. In the winter months, volunteers gather regularly for events such as breakfasts and game nights.
Volunteers can serve from two weeks to many years. The types of positions available to you will depend on your abilities and especially, the length of your stay. For IT positions, a month of service is required. Longer-term volunteers are important in positions that require task continuity, training, or certifications.
- · Proof of health insurance
- · Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- · Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- · Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020