Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Migration Hub Network
The Migration Hub Network is looking for a creative and energetic intern or volunteer to
become an integral part of our diverse team at the Migration Hub Network Berlin. The intern/volunteer will be in charge of supporting the creation of an intentional curriculum of activities and internal events aimed at strengthening the Hub Community in Berlin.
This role includes administrative tasks (supporting initiatives in organising events, answering emails and enquiries), as well as keeping in close contact with the organisations working in the Migration Hub Berlin.
- Keep contact with the initiatives/organisations working at the Berlin Hub and follow up on their development;
- Support the Community Event Coordinator and Back Office to organise community
events & workshops (logistics and operational) accordingly to our event’s criteria;
- Support in assessing the quarter “initiatives evaluation”;
- Think of creative solution to support community building and community development
e.g sense of responsibility and sense of belonging activities;
- Keep updated the Team Calendar / Internal rooms organization calendar;
- Keep the internal communication tools updated in
coordination with Communications and Advocacy Management;
- Support the onboarding process of new Network members when required;
- Manage and file important documentation about the initiatives' performances.
● Enrolled as a student in a field related to psychology, international relation, social work,
communications, anthropology or similar areas;
● OR available to work on a volunteer basis with a volunteer contract;
● First experience in a practical setting desirable, but not required (for example in a startup, a
co-working space, non profit organisation, office management);
● Community oriented;
● Event management skills;
● Self organized, proactive, analytical skills;
● Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and preferably in German;
● Detail-orientated and self-motivated.
About Migration Hub Network
Migration Hub Network is a non-profit company dedicated to creating spaces where social
entrepreneurs and organisations meet to design solutions around mass migration. Our network
generates not only physical impact, but connects organisations across Europe, fostering
collaboration between actors in the public and private sector in order to transform the challenges surrounding migration into opportunities.
Migration Hubs identify and host promising social initiatives and social entrepreneurs working in the field of migration and inclusion, and help them thrive. We assist in scaling grassroots initiatives into sustainable entities to empower migrants from all walks of life, build relationships with other organisations in the field, and match initiatives with our partners (NGOs, CSR departments, foundations, academic institutions) who already do, or want to, support migrants and newcomers.
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining our highly motivated, diverse team in our beautiful location in the heart of Berlin, please send your application ( CV and cover letter) to Eleonora Frati at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking for a candidate who can join us as soon as possible.
We place particular emphasis on diversity in our recruitment efforts.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we withhold the right to close the listing before the deadline in case a suitable candidate is found.