Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
11261 NE Knott St
Organization: David’s Harp - www.davidsharp.org
Location: 11261 NE Knott St., Portland, OR 97068
Name of supervisor: Amy Driscoll, Program Manager
David’s Harp offers a daytime, clubhouse setting where adults with mental illness can engage in socialization and skill-building activities, and achieve the highest level of independence in the community. We are seeking volunteers who’d like to help with some of the organization’s administrative duties and act as a point of contact between volunteers, community members, members, other organizations and staff. Anyone passionate about improving the quality of life for adults with mental illness, or looking to build experience in the non-profit/mental health field is invited to learn more.
David’s Harp needs help with:
1) Data entry, electronic records maintenance, filing, emails and postings, and communicating with staff, board members, and community partners.
2) Answering phones and directing calls.
3) Coordinating and scheduling medical transportation to site.
4) Providing program information verbally in person and over the phone and making referrals to other healthcare providers.
5) Planning and organizing events, such as community outings for members.
Our mission at David’s Harp is to provide a warm, friendly, and peer-supportive environment where adults with a major and persistent mental illness can achieve an improved quality of life and the highest possible level of independence within their community. This work is crucial, rewarding, and engaging, and all of our volunteers are greatly appreciated. By helping us with some of these organizational duties, you’ll be helping not just one, but all of the valued members for whom David’s Harp provides support!
All volunteers must undergo a background check and complete volunteer training. Volunteering must occur during our office hours, M-F, 8-4:30 p.m.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers