Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Masa Tlanezcalli Center
2770 Third Avenue
Masa is seeking dedicated volunteers who are interested in working as part of a team to help support our twelve-week Fall Robotics program in which Masa scholars hone their creativity and engineering skills by designing innovative robots with a focus on the local community. The Fall Robotics Program will end with an interactive showcase open to students and their families.
Where: Masa South Bronx Community Center, easily accessible by the 2 and 5 trains to the 149th Street-3rd Avenue train station (just 2 stops into the Bronx)
When: The Fall Robotics Program will begin on September 22nd, 2018 and will end on December 15th, 2018
Time: The Fall Robotics Program will operate on Saturdays from 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm.
What: We are looking for dedicated volunteers to support our Robotics instructor. Volunteers will help facilitate daily lesson plans and activities, as well as help manage participating scholars. Prior background in STEM or Robotics is NOT required but a strong interest and knowledge of STEM subjects is highly welcomed. TRAINING will be provided.
Requirements are as follows:
· Ability to volunteer on a weekly basis
· Attend a training which will take place prior to program start date
· Willingness to work with scholars in grades 4 to 6 (ages 9 to 12)
· Willing and able to help facilitate lesson plans to students, in small group settings, and under the leadership of our Robotics instructor
· Help manage behavior and lead scholars through daily instruction
· Attend fall interactive showcase
· Provide feedback on student progress and/or concerns to Masa staff
· Fill out volunteer application and interview with Masa staff
- Training Provided