A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
284 Upper Richmond Road West
What you'd be doing
You would be offering emotional and practical support over the phone to children, young people and adults who are affected by 'missing'. This could include the loved ones of a missing person, someone thinking of leaving home, or someone who is missing.
- No prior helpline experience required
- Good communication, empathetic and non-judgemental
- Interest in learning more about the issue of 'missing' and passionate about supporting vulnerable people
- Comfortable using computers
- This role is available for volunteers aged 18+
What this role can offer you
- A rewarding volunteering experience where you can make a real difference
- Utilise your exisiting skills, or learn new ones, in communication and supporting vulnerable people
- Training, support and travel expenses will be provided throughout your role
Location and availability
- Central Office in south west London - SW14 7JE
- This would be a weekly commitment of one shift per week at either 10:00 - 14:00, 14:00 - 18:00 or 18:00 - 22:00, Monday - Sunday depending on your availability
- We ideally need volunteers to commit to this role for at least 12 months
If you would like to apply, please do so by Sunday 2nd September.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
In order to apply for this volunteer role, you'll need to fill out an online application form here. Once you've completed that, our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch regarding what happens next. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 0208 392 4590.