A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
P.O. Box 545934
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and Consultants are expected to contribute a minimum of between 5 to 10 hours per month and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- Consultants must be willing to attend weekly/bi-weekly meetings as and when required.
- STW™ will provide a letter of recommendation to volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
Do you know what harmful contaminants are in your water? How it gets there? What effect it has on your families and environment? Save the Water is the one looking for answers.
STW™ is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW™ also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW™ because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water™, please visit www.savethewater.org.
Save the water™ is seeking a Fundraising Consultant position that supports the Fundraising Group and increases the contributions of individuals and groups to a charity by building relationships and exploring new fundraising opportunities from various sources and fulfil our mission.
What you will be responsible for...
Report to Project Leader for the given project team
- Complete the PWR at least on a monthly basis
- Raise awareness of the STW™ work, aims, and goals.
- Motivating and facilitating supporters to maximize the funds
- Inspiring new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters;
- Organizing traditional activities, such as sponsored outdoor events and house-to-house collections of donated goods and money;
- Developing new and imaginative fundraising activities, many of which involve organizing events.
- Raising awareness of the charity and its work at local and national levels, e.g. by giving talks to groups or seeking photo opportunities with the media.
Apply Now if you have:
- Masters degree (or currently enrolled in a degree program) or comparable work experience
- Demonstrable experience in cultivating major fundraising campaigns, Corporate and Private/Personal Philanthropic Donation Campaigns, Grant Writing. Online Fundraising etc.
- Successful track record of meeting/exceeding fundraising goals in a nonprofit organization.
- Experience in creating successful direct mail, marketing materials, online giving appeals including social media, and campaigns including integration of e-commerce platform for a payment gateway.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with fundraising databases, gift processing, gift acknowledgement, and gift reporting best practices.
- Minimum 5+ years of fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event planning experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM or other Customer Relationship Management or equivalent software
- The ability to network is paramount for this job since success in the role depends heavily on being able to forge positive relationships with supporters.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
How to apply:
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com We would love to hear from you!
- International Volunteers