Join Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley as an AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. We revitalize neighborhoods, build affordable and sustainable housing solutions, and empower families through successful homeownership.
As a Volunteer Coordinator, you will gain real world experience while making a tangible difference in the community! The Volunteer Coordinator’s primary goals are to recruit volunteers and manage the flow of volunteers to our projects.
AmeriCorps National Position
Positions Available: 2
11 month commitment starting in September 2018
Monday - Friday / 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Occasional evenings and weekends
Reports to: Volunteer Programs Manager
Location: This position is will be based out of our Oakland and Milpitas office.
Coordinate and grow Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley’s (HEBSV) volunteer resources at our job sites to meet the needs of an expanding affiliate. The Volunteer Coordinator’s primary goals are to recruit volunteers and manage the flow of volunteers to our projects.
Program Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure individuals and groups are scheduled and coordinated in a timely and professional manner.
· Serve as a resource for, and respond to inquiries from, potential, current, and past volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator will frequently be the first point of contact for persons inquiring about HEBSV.
· Promote general volunteer opportunities to faith, corporate, and civic communities. Assist with the development and implementation of a recruitment plan to meet affiliate and program needs.
· Engage new and on-going volunteers through recruitment, scheduling, orientation, coordination, and/or supervision to ensure that each volunteer has a productive and rewarding experience.
· Coordinate, assist, and implement special projects.
· Help HEBSV staff to identify and develop new volunteer opportunities and positions.
· Assist with outreach and speaking engagements on behalf of the HEBSV. Attend and assist with HEBSV events.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Experience leading, supervising, scheduling, and/or coordinating volunteers.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to represent HEBSV professionally in the community.
· Ability to maintain effective relationships with volunteers and HEBSV staff and board members.
· Experience working in a team environment.
· Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software and database systems quickly.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is an AmeriCorps National Direct position. To learn more about AmeriCorps, please visit www.americorps.gov
Habitat AmeriCorps commit to 11 months of full-time service and receive the following benefits:
- Living allowance of $13,732
- A Segal AmeriCorps Education Award ($5,920)
- Student loan forbearance or deferment while in service for qualified loans
- Optional Healthcare benefits while in service
- Childcare assistance while in service
- Worker's Compensation
- Due to the high cost of living in the Bay Area, Habitat EBSV provides a minimum $600 monthly rental stipend to supplement living costs. Members who have formerly served with a Habitat affiliate may be eligible for an additional rental and/or educational stipend.
How to apply
Learn more about Habitat East Bay/East Bay Silicon Valley at http://www.habitatebsv.org/About/Job-Opportunities
To apply: Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that acceptance into the program is subject to official position approval, a background check prior to start and applicant approval from Habitat for Humanity International.
Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. We revitalize neighborhoods, build affordable and sustainable housing solutions, and empower families through successful homeownership. Since 1986, we have partnered with volunteers, the community, and qualified families with limited incomes to strengthen communities in Alameda, Contra Costa, and Santa Clara Counties.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided