Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Calle del Horno 618
Join our intern team! Check out our flyer here for more information.
Awamaki creates lasting impact in the Andean mountains of Peru by helping rural women’s associations launch successful small businesses that create authentic, high-quality textiles and knits. Awamaki invests in women’s skills, connects them to global markets and supports their leadership so they can increase their income and transform their communities.
Comprised of a Peruvian Asociación Civil and a U.S. 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization, Awamaki consists of three main projects: Fair Trade artisan cooperatives, sustainable tourism operations, and rural community education. Though a non-profit, Awamaki uses market strategies to accomplish its philanthropic goals of increasing women’s opportunities for income and leadership.
SALES AND DEVELOPMENT POSITION DESCRIPTION
If you’re looking for an international opportunity to utilize your skills while also empowering women in rural communities, Awamaki could be the place for you.
Our interns play an essential role, as their work makes an enormous difference in our programs and in the lives of our women. Interns have the opportunity to gain essential experience in business administration, fair trade, social enterprise, ethical sourcing and design, marketing & communications, and non-profit management.
As a Sales Intern, you would be expected to:
- Create sales materials for local, international, and trunk-show use including line sheets, emails, and print materials.
- Design materials for the Awamaki store such as store displays/windows, brochures, and promotional signs.
- Assist the Women's Cooperatives Coordinator in reaching out to potential clients regarding opportunities for promoting Awamaki’s mission and fair trade products.
- Conduct market research to help develop strategies for increasing sales and exposure of our fair trade products.
- Utilize social media to document our collaborative design process, illustrating how our artisans and visiting designers share ideas and create goods.
- Provide assistance with accounting, managing inventory, purchasing materials, and monitoring quality assurance.
- Work a minimum of 6 – 9 hours per week at Awamaki's fair trade store in Ollantaytambo.
An ideal candidate for this position would possess the following qualities:
- Have substantial experience in retail and sales
- Experience in visual merchandising
- Understanding of inventory management
- Basic understanding of sales analysis
- Knowledge of Excel preferred
- Spanish and English fluency strongly preferred
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
- For more information about Awamaki and our programs, visit www.awamaki.org or our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/awamaki. For any questions about volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply directly here and send resume. For design, send portfolio. For marketing, send applicable examples of work.
- Upon receiving your application and resume, we will contact you to arrange an interview via Skype with the relevant Program Coordinator(s).
For more information about Awamaki programs and volunteer fees, visit www.awamaki.org/volunteer or our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/awamaki. For any questions about volunteering, please email email@example.com.
We look forward to your application and thank you for your interest in economically and socially empowering Andean women in Peru!