DRIVERS NEEDED - Bike MS: Peach Ride - October 21 & 22!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by National MS Society
Times of day
201 Main Street
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is hosting our 31st Annual Bike MS: Peach Ride in LaGrange, GA!
This two day ride will take place on October 21& 22. We expect over 500 cyclists for this year’s event and we rely on our volunteers each year to unsure that events like this one continue to be a success!
Why do we need drivers?
The safety of our cyclist is our number one priority. Our Safety & Gear Drivers (SAG) are part of our safety team along the route.
We provide the vehicle & the gear you provide the support. As a SAG Driver you will be assigned to a section of the route where you will roam the route to ensure the safety of our cyclist. Throughout the day you will be in communication with Net Control, Rest Stops, & MSC.
Often you are called upon to transport a cyclist and their bike to either a Rest Stop or back to our campus. Moderate lifting may be required.
What is required?
- Driving a Passenger Van (or Mini Van) provided to you by the Society
- Participation in short online safety training & course
- Background check w/DMV check
- Proof of insurance
- MUST be comfortable with directions & using a map/GPS
For more information visit: www.BikeMSGeorgia.org or email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
How To Apply
Please feel free to connect directly with Sarah to register or you can go online to the website www.bikemsgeorgia.org.
- On the right side of the homepage under REGISTER, click "Volunteer"
- Choose "Register as an Individual"
- Next create an account or sign in
- Scroll to the bottom of the "Your Fundraising Goal Page" and click next stop
- Please note VOLUNTEERS DO NOT NEED TO FUND RAISE, but can if they would like to
- Complete contact information, and additional information (this is where you can choose your volunteer role!), click next step
- Agree to terms, click next step
- YOU ARE ALL REGISTERED TO VOLUNTEER!